I’m married to a mathematician/software creator and we have three grown children, who are mostly out of the nest. I was an at-home mom for much of the kids’ younger years, after working in the tech industry as a technical writer and editor. I volunteered on the Boulder Valley School District Parent Council, Casey PTA, Boulder High PTO and Watershed School’s PTO. I also assisted in grant writing for Casey Middle School and worked part time in Casey’s TAG program. In 2010, when my youngest was a junior in high school, I incorporated my company, Space Editing, and became a happy entrepreneur!
Two of our kids were assessed as having ADHD during their middle school years. My interest in ADHD stems from teaching our kids how to advocate for themselves, and teaching myself how to be a patient and loving parent when the going got tough! I bring much of this learning and attitude to my current work: I am open-hearted, patient and nonjudgmental with my clients, and I have an affinity for clients who struggle with ADHD and other brain-based conditions that cause “chronic disorganization.”
To support my organizing expertise, I have taken over 50 hours of coursework with the Institute for Challenging Disorganization, and over 60 hours of Coach Approach classwork in supportive coaching techniques. I continue to take courses, attend conferences, and read books and case studies about organizing and coaching to keep my knowledge current and provide my clients the best service that I can.
Space Editing is insured and bonded.
- BA in English, UMass-Amherst, 1977
- MA in journalism, CU-Boulder, 2009
- Level II Specialist Certificate in Chronic Disorganization, ICD 2014
- Level II Specialist Certificate in ADHD, ICD, 2015
- Level II Specialist Certificate in Aging, ICD, 2016
- Coaching Essentials, Coach Approach, 2014
- Strengths Based Coaching, Coach Approach, 2015
- Brain Based Coaching, Coach Approach, 2015
- Life and ADHD Coaching, Coach Approach, 2016
- Golden Circle (5+ Years) Member of NAPO (National Association of Professional Organizers)
- NAPO Colorado chapter member since 2010. Served on the Board of Directors as Director of Marketing 2012/13; President, 2013/14, 2014/15; Secretary, 2015/16.